Guatemala RAKlife experience - December 10 - 17, 2016
Trip overview: 7 day trip to the incredible country of Guatemala. This will be the trip of a lifetime for anyone who wants to be totally immersed in the experience of traveling through the relatively undeveloped Guatemala. We will be both experiencing culture and also making a difference in the lives of many of the less fortunate living in Guatemala City and the small beach community of El Paredon.
This week will be an exciting combination of city and beach life as we begin our journey by spending time in the capital city of Guatemala helping an organization dedicated to supporting the children living in the largest trash dump in Central America. We will spending the second half of our trip supporting various opportunities with an organization focused on total community development in the small beachside village of El Paredon.
On this trip we will spend time helping the local people as well as exploring the area and culture through both planned and unplanned activities. You will have the opportunity to share in the local customs of a traditional Mayan family, including cooking an authentic meal! We will be helping some of the poorest children and families in the country, working with two local organizations on the ground to ensure we help where it is most needed. Of course there will be free time included as well to spend doing whatever you’d like.
This Guatemala trip is for anyone interested in not just vacationing, but traveling with true purpose. Watch video of our past trips below to hear testimony about how voluntourism can make a difference in the lives of those in need, while tremendously impacting your own life as well.
RAKlife will be happy to create a personal fundraising page if desired upon deposit to support your effort to raise money for joining us or donation towards the RAKs we will be performing!
100% of hosted trip costs go towards each person's individual costs as well as the RAK's we perform - all RAKlife hosts pay for travel our of his/her own pocket! A portion of trip cost is tax deductible.
Trip pricing includes:
- Transport to/from Guatemala City International Airport
- Accommodation(double occupancy hotel in Guatemala City and El Paredon, homestay in Panajachel)
- most meals included
- Transportation during trip
- Volunteering in Guatemala City and El Paredon project
- Homestay with Mayan family – learn how they live and eat authentic homemade Mayan meal
- Learn to surf at one of the best Central America surf beaches
- Tour capital of Guatemala City
- Optional tour of incredible mangrove forest and Guatemalan Naval base
- Professional guidance and teaching from expert photographers
- Optional – personal fundraising page to help raise money for costs or donation to the RAKs we perform
What’s not included:
- Flight (we can help research if needed)
- Visa (can direct to an excellent Visa company)
- Travel Insurance (not required but recommended)
- Food and Drinks outside of included meals
- Extra curricular activities and entertainment outside of what is included
Travel Details: Fly in and out of Guatemala City Airport (La Aurora international airport – GUA airport code)
- Arrive: 7 day - Fly into Guatemala City Saturday, December 10
- Depart: 7 day – Fly out of Guatemala City Saturday, December 17
7 day - $1395
- $695 non-refundable deposit due upon booking
- Balance of any remaining funds due no later than 30 days before scheduled arrival date.
- Waiver must be signed and emailed to email@example.com no later than 30 days before scheduled arrival date
Questions: If you have any questions about RAKlife or this incredible experience, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to you quickly!
Please see below for volunteer experiences from our 2015 Vietnam trip!
Volunteers talk about their experiences traveling with RAKlife...