CUBA RAKLIFE EXPERIENCE / FEBRUARY 18 - 25, 2017
7 day trip to experience the incredible country of Cuba. This will be the trip of a lifetime for anyone who wants to be totally immersed in the experience of traveling RAKlife style to Cuba. We will be immersing in as much culture as possible and all while making a difference by performing Random Acts of Kindness large and small.
DATE: FEBRUARY 18 - 25, 2017
PRICE PER PERSON
7 DAYS - $1195
* Trip full *
This journey begins in Havana where volunteers are to arrive by Saturday, February 18th (Jim, one of our guides will arrive earlier and can meet you if needed). We spend one night in Havana before leaving the next morning to make the journey to Pinar del Rio.
Pinar del Río is a tobacco-rich province in western Cuba. In the provincial capital, also called Pinar del Río, the cigar-making process is shown at the Fábrica de Tabacos Francisco Donatien. North lies the fertile Viñales Valley with its striking rounded limestone hills. Viñales village, with its wooden bungalows and cultural center, is a base for visiting the vast cave system of Gran Caverna de Santo Tomás. We will stay with a local family and eat home cooked meals while experiencing local life and giving back to the locals. While there, we will be visiting the only orphanage in the region, bringing them much needed supplies and spending time with the children. The other day, we will visit the region’s old person home, giving back where we can for those elderly without families to take care of them.
Following our time in Pinar del Rio, we will head back to Havana and Mantanzas areas – one day we will meet up with a yoga retreat looking to give back for half a day. Another day, pending details on amount we can support, we will be working with street animals and an organization focused on rehabilitating strays without a home.
Throughout this entire journey our goal is to make a positive impact on the people we come across all while getting off the grid and experiencing local culture. Our favorite thing at RAKlife is being spontaneous and we love all the unplanned surprises we constantly come across during out travels. We provide a very free flowing schedule that also allows free time to spend doing whatever you’d like.
On February 24th we'll provide one more nights stay in Havana before heading back home or off to your next destination. If you'd like to plan extra days in Cuba either on the front or back end of this trip then we are happy to help you with suggestions of places or put you in touch with a guide who can provide recommendations.
This Cuba trip is for anyone interested in not just vacationing to an exotic locale, but traveling with a true purpose. Watch the video toward the bottom of this page to hear testimony about how voluntourism can make a difference in the lives of those in need, while tremendously impacting your own life as well.
- Transport to/from Jose Marti International Airport (Havana)
- Accommodation- double occupancy hotel and homestay throughout the trip
- daily breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transportation during trip, including time in “classic” Cuban 50’s style automodibles
- Volunteering coordination and set up
- Tour through world famous tobacco fields and visiting locals
- Hiking through natural cave
- Professional guidance and teaching from expert photographer / videographer
- Local guide speaking fluent English and Spanish
- Homestay with locals experiencing authentic homemade Cuban meals
- Optional – personal fundraising page to help raise money for costs or donation to the RAKs we perform
What’s not included:
- Flight (we can help research if needed)
- Visa (we will provide information on Cuban entry visa requirements)
- Travel Insurance (not required but recommended)
- Food and Drinks outside of included meals
- Extra curricular activities and entertainment outside of what is included
RAKlife founder, Matthew Foster, will be one of the guides for RAKlife in Cuba. He has led trips across the world while getting off-the-grid and performing Acts of Kindness. After hearing about an opportunity to RAK it up in Cuba he knew it would be the perfect location to bring others to do some amazing volunteer work. He looks forward to showing you the incredible culture of a country recently opened to us in America.
This Cuba trip will also be lead by Jim Kennedy, RAKlife's Director of Trips. Jim is a professional photographer who owns a successful Southern California based studio. Jim has traveled all across the world while getting off the grid and is excited to work with anyone interested in improving their photography skills. Whether you are shooting a small point and shoot camera, a cell phone, or a SLR camera- it will be fun to come home with some beautiful images that you would be proud to hang on your wall. Take a look at some of Jim’s travel images here:
international Travel Details:
Fly in and out of Jose Marti International Airport (Havana) - airport code HAV
- Arrive: Havana on Saturday, February 18
- Depart: Havana on Saturday, February 25
If you'd like to plan extra days in Cuba either on the front or back end of this trip then we are happy to help you with suggestions of places we would put on the top of our list to visit.
HOW TO BOOK:
- $695 non-refundable deposit due upon booking
- Balance of any remaining funds due no later than 30 days before scheduled arrival date.
- Waiver must be signed and emailed back to us no later than 30 days before scheduled arrival date
*A portion of trip cost is tax deductible.
If you have questions about this incredible experience or would like to set up a time to speak over the phone, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to you promptly!