ROMANIA RAKLIFE EXPERIENCE / OCTOBER 1-8, 2016
7 day trip to a gem of Eastern Europe - Northern Romania. We will be helping one of the poorest communities of people RAKlife has encountered – the Roma. Partnering with a community center dedicated to helping the children of these “gypsies” overcome the odds, our main RAK will be to build a playground for this center.
DATES: OCTOBER 1-8, 2016
STARTING LOCATION: bucharest, romania
PRICE PER PERSON
7 DAYS - $1495
7 day trip to a gem of Eastern Europe - Northern Romania. We will be helping one of the poorest communities of people RAKlife has encountered – the Roma. Partnering with a community center dedicated to helping the children of these “gypsies” overcome the odds, our main RAK will be to build a playground for the center. Naturally, we will be interacting significantly with the precious children that attend after-school lessons and come to eat a meal (sometimes their only of the day!). We will also be cooking a special meal for the 100+ children to enjoy as they only eat a warm meal 2-3 times a month!
After our few days in Baia Mare, we will travel to the Bran Castle – home of the infamous Dracula! Spending a day in the nearby town of Brasov, you will easily see why the RAKlife team considers it a hidden gem of Eastern Europe. The food, atmosphere, and beauty tucked away in a small valley will leave you inspired. Finally, we will spend one last afternoon in the capital city of Bucharest with optional activities such as walking tour, escape game, etc.
With all our trips, Romania is for anyone interested in not just vacationing, but traveling with true purpose. Watch video of our past trips below to hear testimony about how voluntourism can make a difference in the lives of those in need, while tremendously impacting your own life as well.
RAKlife will be happy to create a personal fundraising page if desired upon deposit to support your effort to raise money for joining us or donation towards the RAKs we will be performing!
100% of hosted trip costs go towards each person's individual costs as well as the RAK's we perform - all RAKlife hosts pay for travel our of his/her own pocket! A portion of trip cost is tax deductible.
- Transport to/from Bucharest International Airport (Henri Coanda International Airport)
- Accommodation (double occupancy)
- Most meals included
- Transportation during trip (flight to/from Baia Mare, Train/Car to/from Brasov)
- Volunteering in Baia Mare with Roma community
- Tour of the Roma slums
- Visit one of the most famous castles in the world – Bran Castle, home of Dracula
- Explore one of the most best hidden gems of Eastern Europe, Brasov
- Tour capital of Romania, including optional awesome escape game
- Optional – personal fundraising page to help raise money for costs or donation to the RAKs we perform
What’s not included:
- Flight (we can help research if needed)
- Visa (can direct to an excellent Visa company)
- Travel Insurance (not required but recommended)
- Food and Drinks outside of included meals
- Outside extra curricular activities and entertainment
This project will be lead by RAKlife founder Matthew Foster. Matt has traveled across the globe all while getting off the grid and performing Random Acts of Kindness. After spending time in Romania and Baia Mare in 2015 Matt couldn't wait to get back and help the incredible people of this place in 2016. He looks forward to the adventure of helping the Roma people again with all of our volunteers.
INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL DETAILS:
Fly in and out of Bucharest Otopeni Airport (Bucharest Henri Coanda International Airport – OTP airport code)
- Arrive: Fly into Bucharest Saturday, October 1
- Depart: Fly out of Bucharest Saturday, October 8
HOW TO BOOK:
- $795 non-refundable deposit due upon booking
- Balance of any remaining funds due no later than 30 days before scheduled arrival date.
- Waiver must be signed and emailed to email@example.com no later than 30 days before scheduled arrival date
*A portion of trip cost is tax deductible.
If you have questions about this incredible experience or would like to set up a time to speak over the phone, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to you promptly!
READY TO BOOK?
View images from our 2015 Romania RAKlife experience...
Volunteers talk about their experiences traveling with RAKlife...